The Admissions staff welcomes prospective students to engage with us at on-campus, off-campus, and virtual events. Our programs are designed to provide information about the Law College's academic programs, career outcomes, admission standards, and other topics of interest. Select events will offer global insights about legal education, legal careers, and the law school admission application process. Events are offered at no charge; however, advance registration is required.
- On-Campus and Area Programs
- Individual Visit to the Law College
- Law Fairs, Forums and College Campus Presentations
Webinars are 20- to 45-minute online presentations focusing on a range of topics likely to be of interest to prospective law students. Webinars include a Q and A segment allowing participants the opportunity to ask questions of the presenters.
- Tu., Feb. 16, 7:30 p.m., EST: Careers in Patent Law and MSU Law's IP Program
- Weds., Feb. 17, 1:00 p.m., EST: Welcome to MSU Law - 2016 Incomng Class
- Weds., Feb. 17, 8:00 p.m., EST: Innovation in Legal Services - MSU Law's LegalRnD Program
- Weds., Feb. 24, 7:30 p.m., EST: Preparing for Success in Law School: Expert Advice for Undergraduates
- Th., Feb. 25, 12:00 p.m., EST: Financing Your MSU Legal Education
- Weds., March 2, 7:30 p.m., EST: Leaving Your State for Law School: Insights from Current Law Students
- Wednesday, March 16, 7:30 p.m., EST: Housing and Roommate Options for MSU Law Students
- Weds., March 30, 7:30 p.m., EST: Financing Your MSU Legal Education
Are you a pre-law advisor? Join us for: Legal Education Update from the American Bar Association (February 2, 2016, 12:00 p.m., EST); Update from the Executive Director of NALP (February 10, 2016, 12:00 p.m., EST)
- Friday & Saturday, February 26-27, 2016
- Friday, March 4, 2016
- Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Saturday, March 19, 2016
Spring/Summer Visit Programs for Prospective Applicants (2017 and beyond)
- Preparing for the LSAT (February 16) and Exploring and Planning for Law School (February 23)
- Lunch and Learn: Legal Education Accelerated Program (February 18)
- Spartan Law Day (Friday, April 15; Friday, July 22, 2016
The Admissions Office staff welcomes prospective students to schedule a one-on-one visit when participation in a group visit program is not available or convenient. For pre-applicants, a visit typically is 60-75-minutes in duration; for an admitted candidate, a visit typically is four hours in duration. To arrange a visit, complete the online visit request form, preferably two weeks prior to the preferred visit date.