The Office of Admissions hosts a variety of events aimed at providing prospective students with information and insights regarding MSU Law's academic programs, career outcomes, admission standards, and other topics of interest. Please note that most events require advance registration.
- On-Campus and Area Programs
- Individual Visit to the Law College
- Law Fairs, Forums and College Campus Presentations
Webinars are 20- to 45-minute online presentations focusing on a range of topics likely to be of interest to prospective law students. Webinar presenters are highly experienced content-area experts (including practicing attorneys; legal career consultants; prelaw advisors; current and former admission and financial aid professionals; and, current law students). Webinars include a Q and A segment allowing participants the opportunity to ask questions of the presenters. Webinars are offered at no cost, though advance registration is required.
- Tu., Oct. 13, 12:00 p.m., EDT: MSU Law Preview: Academics, Admissions, and Scholarships
- Wed., Oct. 14, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Crafting a Winning Law School Personal Statement
- Wed., Oct. 21, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Preparing for Success in Law School: Expert Advice for Undergraduates
- Tu., Oct. 27, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Expert Advice for Assembling a Competitive Law School Application
- Wed., Oct. 28, 12:00 p.m., EDT: Insiders' Guide to Law School: Insights from Current Students
- Wed., Oct. 28, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Legal Careers with a Social Justice Focus
- Tu., Nov. 3, 7:30 p.m., EST: Career Options and Market Outlook for Attorneys
- Tu., Nov 17, 7:30 p.m., EST: Developing a Financial Plan for Law School
- Tu., Dec. 1, 7:30 p.m., EST: Tips for Assembling a Competitive Law School Application
Register Now. View our Fall 2015 Webinar Series brochure. View previously offered webinars. Pre-law Advisor Webinars: Legal Education Update from the American Bar Association (February 2, 2016, 12:00 p.m., EDT); Update from the Executive Director of NALP (February 10, 2016, 12:00 p.m., EDT)
Fall 2015 Programs for Those Exploring Law School (2016 and Beyond)
- The Ins and Outs of Applying to Law School (PDF), Wednesday, October 14, 4:00 to 5:15 p.m. (co-hosted by the MSU Pre-Law Advisor Network)
- Preparing Your Law School Admission Application Workshop, Tuesday, October 27, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Admissions Information Receptions
- Birmingham, MI: Thursday, October 29, 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- Grand Rapids: Wednesday, November 11, 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- East Lansing: Thursday, November 12, 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Spring Visit Programs for Candidates Admitted into the 2016 Incoming Class
- Friday, February 26, 2016
- Friday, March 4, 2016
- Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Saturday, March 19, 2016
The Admissions Office staff welcomes prospective students to schedule a one-on-one visit when participation in a group visit program is not available or convenient. For pre-applicants, a visit typically is 60-75-minutes in duration; for an admitted candidate, a visit typically is four hours in duration. To arrange a visit, complete the online visit request form, preferably two weeks prior to the preferred visit date.