MSU College of Law News
MSU-DCL Elects New Officers and President
364 Law Colleg Bldg.
East Lansing, MI
East Lansing, Michigan. The Board of Trustees for the Michigan State University-Detroit College of Law has elected a president and new officers for the upcoming year.
President and Chairman of the Board:
- The Honorable Richard F. SuhrheinrichUnited States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- Clifton Haleyformer president and CEO, Budget-Rent-A-Car.
- Peter J. Palmervice president and assistant general counsel, Kmart Corp.
- Bob Weissgeneral counsel, Team Management
- Raymond R. Behan Schram, Behan and Behan
- David L. PorteousPorteous and White, P.C.
- David J. SparrowRowin and Sparrow
- Joseph J. Buttgieg, IIIexecutive vice president, Comerica Bank
Judge Suhrheinrich, a 1963 graduate of MSU-DCL, one of its most prominent alums and former senior class president, has served on the MSU-DCL Board of Trustees since 1985. He continues in his second year in the role of president and looks forward to the future.
"Together with the Board of Trustees, we look forward to continuing the mission of the Michigan State University-Detroit College of Law, which is to provide students a practical legal education that allows them to meet the needs of a complex and fast society," said Judge Suhrheinrich. "Our new location offers us many new opportunities which we are eager to pursue."
# # #