General Eligibility Requirements
To receive financial aid from federal and state programs you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Be registered with Selective Service if required.
- Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate.
- Demonstrate financial need if applying for need-based aid.
- Be enrolled at least half-time (5 credits).
- Be making satisfactory academic progress. (See "Scholastic Dismissal")
- Not be in default on any loan or owe a refund on any grant made under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, at any institution.
- You have never had a federal or state conviction for possessing or selling drugs: or all of your convictions for possessing or selling drugs have been removed from your record or you have completed an acceptable drug rehab program since your last drug conviction.
- Fill out a Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Further information may be obtained in the Federal Student Guide.