MSU Law Clinic
FALL 2023 CLINIC APPLICATIONS - DEADLINE EXTENDED
The Law Clinic is accepting applications for Fall 2023. The application is available in CASE and the deadline has been extended to Friday, February 24th. Please review the instructions below for the application process. Please contact Jesse Alvarez with any questions
APPLY SKILLS. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Clinic students build experience and skills while helping real clients. Our clinics change lives for elderly renters on the brink of eviction, refugees from global conflicts, and unaccompanied immigrant children, as well as members of other underserved groups. Students have ownership of their cases. They navigate complex legal institutions on behalf of their clients with one-on-one support from dedicated faculty members.
On any given day, our clinic students are representing clients in court, investigating cases and developing strategies, mediating conflicts, preparing paperwork, and advocating for social change.
- Clinic Applications
The clinic is accepting applications for Fall 2023. The application is available in CASE and the application deadline is 5pm on Friday, February 17th. Please see the instructions below for completing the application.
- Read all instructions.
- Depending on the number of credits, you are required to complete between 180 - 270 hours of clinic work.
- The application is for the fall semester only.
- Some clinics have a mandatory orientation prior to the beginning of the semester. You will be notified if this is the case.
- The First Amendment is for Fall only. It is not offered in the spring.
- How do I apply?
- Log into CASE . If you have never logged into CASE, click on “Sign up for an account” and enter your MSU email address, then create a password according to the guidelines listed. Agree to the terms of service, then click the sign up button. You will be prompted for some information.
- Click on "Experiential Learning" in the sidebar menu, then click on "+New Experience" in the upper right corner.
- The employer is "Michigan State University College of Law - Clinics (ExpLrn Only)”. It will populate when you start typing. DO NOT add a new employer.
- The experiential type is "Clinic". Once you select this, follow the detailed instructions at the top of the page to complete the application.
- You must complete the clinic employment policy acknowledgement in order to proceed to the application.
- You must rank you preferences or select "Not interested". If you select Chance at Childhood or Equitable Entrepreneurship & Innovation Law there will be additional items to complete.
- Complete the remaining items on the application.
- You must also submit a statement of interest (no more than two pages, double spaced), current resume, and law school transcripts. An unofficial copy of your transcript is acceptable.
- Once you click save your application will be in draft status. You must then upload the required documents as one PDF, in the order above, in the "Documents and Forms" tab.
- After you have uploaded the documents and you are satisfied with all of the information you have entered, click on the "Submit for approval" button at the top. You will not be able to make changes once you submit your application. If you need to make changes, email Jesse Alvarez.