The Diversity Services Office seeks to provide our students with resources and opportunities that will equip them with the necessary tools to be trendsetters in diversifying the 21st century legal profession. Our goal is to collaborate with employers, alumni, and community organizations to provide our students with a multitude of opportunities.
Diversity local, state, and national bar associations
- The DSO is constantly expanding its network to find careers and comfort for its graduates in more diversified legal field. We work diligently to discover, maintain, and enhance relationships with organizations and firms who share our goals of inclusion, and seek a more diverse legal field.
Local Bar Associations
- Catholic Lawyers Society
- Incorporated Society of Irish American Lawyers
- Italian American Bar Association of Michigan
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan Western Region
- Women Lawyers Association of Mich Foundation
- Women's Bar Association - Oakland County Region of WLAM
- Federal Bar Foundation of Detroit
National Bar Associations
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Law Foundation (NAPABA)
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- National Conference of Women's Bar Associations
- National LGBT BAR ASSOCIATION
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Advocates Polish American Bar Association
- Armenian Bar Association
- Iranian American Bar Association (IABA)
- Puerto Rican Bar Association
- The Voice of Defense Bar
- Dominican Bar Association
- National Native American Bar Association
- North American South Asian Law Student Association
- North American South Asian Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association – Western Michigan
- Jackson County Bar Association
Law Firm Diversity Partnerships
- Increasing diversity in the today’s law firms is a goal of the Diversity Services Office. As a result strong collaborations with law firms have been and continue to be established to provide our students with summer associate and scholarship opportunities.
- Warner Norcross
- Butzel Long
A. Local Community Connections
- MSU Law is located in a very diverse area of the city and state. Following the notion that the campus is part of the community, our office engages in community events that further enhance the global message of the importance of the Triple "A" mission; appreciating, accepting, and achieving diversity.
- St. Vincent’s
- Red Cross
- Eastern High School of Lansing
- Street Law Program
B. Michigan State University Alliances
- Michigan State University has been voted one of the top universities for international affairs. Students from all over the world are attracted to Michigan State's top-ranked academic programs and resources. As a member of the campus community, the Diversity Services Office works very closely other diversity departments to make these resources readily available to MSU Law students.
C. MSU Law Diversity Alumni Network
Producing practice-ready attorneys has always been the Law College's motto.
- Each year we add highly credentialed students to the legal profession. Alumni networks serve as a great tool to foster relationships among other diverse lawyers.
- We welcome the opportunity to collaborate with employers on their mission of attracting diverse students to their firm, company, or agency.