Distinguished Alumni Award
This prestigious award is bestowed on selected alumni of MSU Law who meet rigorous criteria that includes:
- Participation in and contribution to the alumni affairs of the College
- Outstanding personal service to the College
- Personal accomplishments that enhance the reputation of the College
- Distinguished service in any field of human endeavor, be it family, community, business, industry, science, or a profession.
Up to four awards may be given annually to any of our 10,000 living alumni, chosen by the Distinguished Alumni Award Committee.
- 2010: Hon. Diane M. Hathaway, '87, Justice, Michigan Supreme Court
- 2009: Linda Orlans, ’87, founding shareholder of Orlans Associates, P.C.; Orlans Mornal, PLLC; and eTitle Agency, Inc.
If you would like to nominate an alumnus for this award, please contact the Office of Advancement.