MSU College of Law Swearing In Ceremony
Thursday, October 27, 2016
The ceremony will be hosted at MSU College of Law in the 4th Floor Moot Court room from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. The Honorable Clinton Canady III, Ingham County Circuit Court, will preside. There will be a champagne toast and dessert reception immediately following the ceremony in the Castle Board room.
Sorry, the deadline for registering has passed.
Submit Paperwork to Ingham County Circuit Court
As promptly as possible, but no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26th, make sure your letter from the Board of Law Examiners beginning with, “To The Courts of Record of Michigan,” is filed with the Circuit Court clerk (this is the letter that certifies you).
Please include the following information:
- Write on the back of the original letter:
- Your name as you would like it to appear on your license
- Address and telephone number
- Sponsor’s name and P# or state “Group Sponsor”
- Indicate that “Michigan State University College of Law” is the location where you will be sworn in.
- Honorable Clinton Canady III is the judge administering the oath.
- Make a copy for your records. You must submit the original to the court.
- Mail or present with your letter a check for $25.00 for the filing fee made payable to the Circuit Court Clerk:
30th Judicial Circuit Court Clerk
Attn: Chief Deputy
Post Office Box 40771
Lansing, Michigan 48901-7971
Bar admittees are limited to five guests each but that number may increase depending on turnout to the event.