Developing a Financial Plan for Law School
- Understanding the complete costs of earning a law degree
- Sources and options for "free" financial aid
- Federal and private loan programs (borrowing limits, fees, and application process)
- Loan repayment options and the decision to rely on loans for law school
- Suggestions for minimizing educational debt
- Steps to take in preparing a financial plan for law school
PresenterJohn Garcia is a financial aid professional with more than 15 years of experience serving both undergraduate and law students. In his current position as director of financial aid at MSU College of Law, he has provided leadership for the development of financial literacy programs aimed at helping current and prospective law students become more informed and cautious borrowers.