The Admissions staff welcomes prospective students to engage with us at on-campus, off-campus, and virtual events. Our programs are designed to provide information about the Law College's academic programs, career outcomes, admission standards, and other topics of interest. Select events will offer global insights about legal education, legal careers, and the law school admission application process. Events are offered at no charge; however, advance registration is required.
- On-Campus Programs
- Individual Visit to the Law College
- Law Fairs, Forums and College Campus Presentations
Webinars are 20- to 45-minute online presentations focusing on a range of topics likely to be of interest to prospective law students. Webinars include a Q and A segment allowing participants the opportunity to ask questions of the presenters.
- Weds., Sept. 21, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Law School 101: Insights from Current Law Students
- Tues., Sept. 27, 7:30 p.m., EDT: MSU Law Preview: Academics, Admissions, and Scholarships
- Weds., Sept. 28, 7:30 p.m., EDT: 10 Tips for Success in the Law School Admissions Process
- Weds., October 5, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Marathon Training for Maximizing Your LSAT Score
- Weds., October 12, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Legal Careers Panel Presentation
- Tues., October 18: 12:00 p.m., EDT: MSU Law Preview: Academics, Admissions, and Scholarships
- Tues., October 18: 7:30 p.m., EDT: Crafting a Winning Law School Personal Statement
- Weds., October 19: 7:30 p.m., EDT: Should I Become a Lawyer? A Roadmap for Those Thinking About Law School
- Weds., October 26, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Recommendations for Assembling Competitive Law School Application
- Weds., November 2, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Welcome to My World: a Panel Discussion with Law School Admission Deans
- Tues., November 8, 7:30 p.m., EST: Pathways to Becoming a Professional: a Guide for Pre-Law Students
- Weds., November 16, 7:30 p.m., EST: Competencies Legal Employers Want & Legal Career Outlook
- Tues., December 13, 7:30 p.m., EST: Sensible Strategies for Financing Law School
Are you a pre-law advisor? Access recordings of our webinars for advisors: Legal Education Update from the American Bar Association; Update from the Executive Director of NALP
- Legal Careers Panel and Reception - September 28, 2016
- Law School Admission Application Workshop - October 11, 2016
- MSU Law Preview Day - October 14, 2016
- Fall Information Reception - November 9, 2016
The Admissions Office staff welcomes prospective students to schedule a one-on-one visit when participation in a group visit program is not available or convenient. For pre-applicants, a visit typically is 60-75-minutes in duration; for an admitted candidate, a visit typically is four hours in duration. To arrange a visit, complete the online visit request form, preferably two weeks prior to the preferred visit date.